We recognise that parents are children’s first and most enduring educators and we value the contribution they make. All parents have an important role to play in the education of their child and this is most effective when there is a strong partnership between staff and parents and/or carers.
The Nursery team supports parents and/or carers in guiding their child’s development at home. We do this through:
· Talking at length to parents about their child before a child starts at our setting.
· Supporting children through the transition into Nursery by stay and play sessions, where parent can attend a number of session until you and your child are settled.
· Parents are encouraged to contribute to their child’s learning journey by sending Wow Stars’ home regularly with each child. This allows the family to communicate and celebrate their child’s achievements with the Nursery and children love to share their achievements with us and their friends.
· Supporting children through the transition from Nursery to Reception through carefully planned transition opportunities in the summer term. This is also to support staff and parents in getting to know each other as well as the children.
· Parents are encouraged to talk to the Nursery team if you have any concerns.
· There is a formal meeting for parents twice a year at which, the teacher and the parent discuss the child’s progress.
· Parents receive a completed learning journey at the end of Nursery full of photos of their experiences and work they have produced.
· Ranges of activities are planned throughout the year that encourage collaboration between child, school and parents: stay and play sessions, celebration, school visits, sports days and school performances.
· Photographs and information are accessible on the school newsletter and on the school’s Twitter page and the closed Facebook group, which parents can access.
· We provide a quiet and confidential area where parents can discuss any concerns.