Values and Ethos
LOVE LEARNING, LOVE LIFE, ALWAYS AIMING HIGH
Our vision for Elton is to provide a nurturing environment where children are inspired to have a love of learning, by having an ambitious and enriching curriculum so that they develop a love of life, always aim high and achieve their full potential and flourish.
Our aims are:-
- Providing a safe and inclusive environment in which the teaching and learning, achievements, attitudes and well-being of every person matters.
- Offering a broad and balanced curriculum which delivers the National Curriculum enriched by wider educational learning experiences.
- Promoting a thoughtful awareness of educational standards and a sense of achievement by providing a rich and visually stimulating learning environment in which children feel confident to tackle new experiences and build resilience.
- Being responsive to individual needs, matching teaching to pupils’ abilities and aptitudes and developing each child to their full potential in collaboration with parents and carers.
- Preparing for the future by fostering spiritual, moral and physical development, promoting cultural awareness and setting high expectations for behaviour and sensitivity to others.
- Providing a caring environment through example and guidance in which children can develop social attitudes which reflect a respect for cultural diversity and concern for others.
- Providing opportunities for parents/carers to be involved with the education of their children through regular engagement opportunities such as “Stay and Learn” sessions, parents evenings and other such events.
- Promoting an active partnership between parents, governors and teachers, and encourage links with the community.
- Preparing the children for the next stage of their education so that they can continue to be active members of our community and the wider world.